Work With Us
My Sister’s Place is a supportive place to work, which combines community-based services with a high level of clinical professionalism.
Development and Communications Intern
My Sister’s Place (MSP) is looking for a highly motivated development and communications intern interested in the nonprofit sector, marketing, philanthropy, public relations, and/or administrative experience. The Development and Communications Intern will work directly with the Director of Development. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, creative communicator, self-starter, and multi-tasker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and is able to work independently. This position is currently remote with limited options for in-person work. This is an unpaid internship.
• Draft and gather content to support development and communication needs, including social media and the newsletter.
• Support individual and monthly donor communication, acknowledgments, and stewardship efforts.
• Support the development department with tracking metrics: Google Analytics, Social Media, Volunteer software, and Donor Perfect (donor management software).
• Assist with research on corporate partners, sponsors, foundations, and individuals.
• Assist (if applicable) with all special event planning that includes outreach for in-kind donations, auction items, and corporate sponsorships.
• Assist with outreach to local media, including research on all local and community news outlets and outreach to local media representatives.
• Attend department and staff meetings when possible.
• General office administrative and other tasks as assigned.
MSP is flexible on the start and end dates, hours, and internship length. Please be clear in your cover letter about your availability. This internship is unpaid but well suited for the college credit or volunteer hours. Should you wish to do this for a college credit, this is also a possibility. No phone calls. Please email resume, cover letter, and availability to Elena Romanova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• High School Diploma, with preference to candidates pursing college degrees in Communications, Development, Media, and Public Relations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and all relevant applications and features.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Graphic Design experience is a plus.