Work With Us
My Sister’s Place is a supportive place to work, which combines community-based services with a high level of clinical professionalism. We provide free health insurance, generous leave, and a number of other benefits.
MSP is currently seeking to fill the below positions. No calls or emails please.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Trainer/Facilitator for Batterer’s Intervention group – Contract
The Trainer/Facilitator position is a contractual position that supports the Batterer Intervention Program (BIP) being conducted in collaboration with Child and Family Services Administration (CFSA). The BIP program services the male parents and parental figures connected to CFSA as a result of aggression in the home that puts the family at risk of separation.
- In collaboration with MSP staff and training facilitators, conduct intensive psycho-education groups and supportive services participants identified to participate in the program;
- Identify strengths and needs of participants and their families as they relate to the overall plan of intervention;
- Make appropriate referrals to address social, environmental, medical and emotional problems;
- Maintain up-to-date records for documentation of case activity to include electronic case management data entry;
- Participate in team meetings as appropriate to address the challenges and strengths of the participant.
- Assist in the intake and discharge planning meetings for participants
- Assist in the accounting of service fees and distribution of incentives for participants.
- Provide feedback and suggestions that will aide in the successful execution of the program.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education of equivalent education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the dynamics of human behavior.
- In-depth understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Clinical licensure eligible/preferred.
- One year experience in group facilitation
- Two or more years experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma.
- Strong ability to work on a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong organizational abilities;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals;
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle;
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desired.