Work With Us
My Sister’s Place is a supportive place to work, which combines community-based services with a high level of clinical professionalism. We provide free health insurance, generous leave, and a number of other benefits.
MSP is currently seeking to fill the below positions. No calls or emails please.
Development and Communications Manager at My Sister’s Place
My Sister’s Place is seeking a Development & Communications Manager to join our team. My Sister’s Place (MSP) is a community of staff, volunteers, and advocates committed to eradicating domestic violence. As DC’s oldest domestic violence shelter, we have served as a cornerstone of the District’s response to this pressing public health issue since 1979.
This position supports all aspects of fundraising and communications, including:
- Solicitation of gifts and grants
- Donor cultivation
- Special events and campaigns
- Donor and funder research
- MSP’s monthly newsletter
- Managing and editing the MSP website.
- Self-starter with 5-7 years of nonprofit development experience
- Well-organized and conscientious
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong visual and graphic design sense
- Experience using Hootsuite, Constant Contact, or other design and communications software
- An ability to learn new software
- Enjoys tasks ranging from data entry to helping to build a communications program for the agency
- Strong computer skills are important.
- Experience with social media
- Experience with DonorPerfect or another donor database
- Experience with WordPress
This position is in our friendly office on U Street, near the metro.
Anticipated Salary Range, based on qualifications and experience
$60,000 – $70,000
MSP pays the entire cost of each employee’s health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and provides ten days of sick leave and three weeks of vacation, as well as 15 paid holidays, to each employee. We also have an Employee Assistance Plan that is free to all employees and their families.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, 1-2 page writing sample, and three references to email@example.com, with “Development and Communications Manager” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Trainer/Facilitator for Batterer’s Intervention group – Contract
The Trainer/Facilitator position is a contractual position that supports the Batterer Intervention Program (BIP) being conducted in collaboration with Child and Family Services Administration (CFSA). The BIP program services the male parents and parental figures connected to CFSA as a result of aggression in the home that puts the family at risk of separation.
- In collaboration with MSP staff and training facilitators, conduct intensive psycho-education groups and supportive services participants identified to participate in the program;
- Identify strengths and needs of participants and their families as they relate to the overall plan of intervention;
- Make appropriate referrals to address social, environmental, medical and emotional problems;
- Maintain up-to-date records for documentation of case activity to include electronic case management data entry;
- Participate in team meetings as appropriate to address the challenges and strengths of the participant.
- Assist in the intake and discharge planning meetings for participants
- Assist in the accounting of service fees and distribution of incentives for participants.
- Provide feedback and suggestions that will aide in the successful execution of the program.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education of equivalent education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the dynamics of human behavior.
- In-depth understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Clinical licensure eligible/preferred.
- One year experience in group facilitation
- Two or more years experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma.
- Strong ability to work on a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong organizational abilities;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals;
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle;
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desired.