Countless women face the choice of living in homes broken by domestic violence or homelessness. That's a choice no woman, no mother should ever face. We offer a third option - safe sanctuary. With your support, women can begin to build a new homes, free from abuse, and the lost innnocence of children traumatized by domestic violence can be restored.
- $1,000 supports a family in our transitional-to-permanent housing program for an entire month.
- $500 sponsors a field trip for the children at our emergency shelter, many of whom have never left the community in which they live
- $150 feeds an average family at our shelter for an entire month.
- $75 helps a mother commute for an entire month.
- $25 provide diapers for a baby in our shelter for an entire month.
Don't forget to check if your employer matches gifts. You could double, or even triple, your impact.
If you would prefer to mail your contribution, please send a check, payable to "My Sister's Place," to:
My Sister's Place
PO Box 29596
Washington, DC 20017
United Way and CFC
Does your employer participate in United Way or the Combined Federal Campaign? Designate My Sister's Place as your beneficiary, using the codes below, and encourage your friends to join you! If you'd like a representative from My Sister's Place to speak to you and your colleagues about our impact, please contact our Administrative Office, at 202-529-5261 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information is secure and confidential. We will not sell or rent your information to other charities.
NOTE: Due to limited storage space we are currently unable to take non-monetary gifts with the exeption of gift-cards. You may designate the purpose of your gift-card.