1 in 4 women experience domestic violence with severe physical abuse. 15 million children are exposed to domestic violence each year.
A gift from you will keep our critically needed programs available by providing shelter, food, and emergency services to battered women and their children. Please, give today to help end violence against women and children.
$2,500 – supports a family in our RISE housing program for 2 months
- $1,000 – provides aftercare for a family leaving our shelter for 3 months
$750 – provides 50 hours of case management to a mother
$500 – sponsors a field trip for the children at Sanctuary Plus
- $250 – provides diapers for a baby in our shelter for an entire year.
$150 – feeds a family at our shelter for an entire month
$75 – provides a mother with transportion to and from work for a month
$50 – provides sanitary products for a mother for 3 months
Please, give the gift of hope to victims of domestic violence.
More Ways to Give:
Support us in the DC War of the Rosés!
Join the battle at La Jambe and sip rosé for a good cause!
13 restaurants battle for their participating cause! Each restaurant will be donating 10% of their rosé sales in July to charity, and La Jambe has chosen My Sister’s Place! Support MSP with a glass of rosé ALL July at La Jambe.
When: July 1st to 31st
Where: La Jambe @ 1550 7th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001
- United Way – give to us through United Way! Our partner code is #8449.
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – Go to the CFC link and type in our code to donate: #97535
- DC One Fund – Go to the DC One Fund page and use code #8449 to donate to My Sister’s Place!
- Employer Matching Gifts – Check with your employer to see what Matching Gift options they offer, and give double to My Sister’s Place!
In Kind Giving
Thank you for your interest in giving to our Shelter! If you are collecting items for My Sister’s Place, please read our guidelines and needs for our Shelter below.* In Kind donations may be dropped off at our Admin Office at 1436 U Street NW, #303, WDC 20009 weekdays from 10:00am to 5:00pm, excluding federal holidays. All items given to My Sister’s Place go directly to residents of our Shelter and RISE programs. Questions? Contact Renae Erichsen-Teal, Development Associate, at (202) 540-1062 or Email.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to host a fundraising or gift drive on behalf of My Sister’s Place, please contact our Development Associate Renae Erichsen-Teal. All fundraisers or gift drives MUST be reviewed by My Sister’s Place before going live. Use of the My Sister’s Place name and logo/branding for fundraising or gift drives may only be done with written permission from My Sister’s Place.
- Eucerin lotion
- Metro cards
- Giftcards to grocery stores
- Tampons and pads
- Diva Cups
- Fullsize toiletries – must be NEW
- Washcloths – must be NEW
- Towels – must be NEW
- Blankets – must be NEW
Clothing, Shoe, and Toiletries Guidelines
- Clothing and Shoes must be BRAND NEW. Used clothing and shoes in any condition are not accepted.
- All toiletries must be new, sealed, and full size
MSP does NOT ACCEPT*:
- Used clothing and shoes
- Used make-up or toiletries
- Used toys
- Travel-sized toiletries
*If you have items to give that do not match our needs or guidelines, you may find other organization who accept in kind gifts here: Alternative Organizations for In-Kind Donations
Don’t have the ability to drop-off donations in person? Donate through our Amazon Wishlist and have items sent directly to our Admin Office at 1436 U Street NW, Suite 303, WDC 20009
Shop & Give
The Amazon Smile program allows you to shop as you normally would on Amazon, but when you do they donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to My Sister’s Place. Follow and bookmark the link next time you purchase from Amazon as an easy way to contribute!
Giving Assistant gives you cash back on your purchases at many major online retailers and allows you to donate those rewards to My Sister’s Place. Follow the link to sign up and start saving money while supporting MSP!
Fundraising & Crowdfunding
Interested in fundraising on our behalf? Please contact our Development Associate Renae Erichsen-Teal at (202) 540-1062 or Email for permission and guidelines, or to submit your fundraiser for review. Find us on Crowdrise for easy crowdfunding setup.
*PLEASE NOTE: All fundraisers MUST be reviewed by My Sister’s Place before going live. Use of the My Sister’s Place name and logo/branding for fundraising may only be done with written permission from My Sister’s Place.
Donor Privacy Statement
My Sister’s Place is committed to respecting the privacy of our financial and in kind donors. When you make a donation, you voluntarily provide your contact information, such as first and last names, home addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. This confidential information is kept on file for historical purposes, and donation information is retained due to legal requirements and to analyze overall giving patterns. This information is only shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
My Sister’s Place will not sell, rent, trade or share this information, or any other personally identifiable information with any other organization. Moreover, MSP will not sell, rent, trade or share our donor lists with any other organization, or send mailings on behalf of other organizations. MSP will respect the privacy of our donors by offering a means by which donors may “opt out” of communications from My Sister’s Place, such as our annual mailings, monthly newsletters, and event invitations, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a written statement expressing your preferences.
To protect your privacy, your information is kept on file in our secure donor software DonorPerfect. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, that service provider will only use your donor information for purposes necessary to process the donation. My Sister’s Place has partnered with SafeSave Payment Services to securely process your online credit card donations utilizing innovative technology and PCI-DSS level 1 security to protect the security of your information.
Donor Bill of Rights
My Sister’s Place subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights, which was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.